Monday, July 28, 2008

The last week

There is awkwardness as I make my way to work. This is the last week in Bangalore for I will be leaving for Delhi on Sunday. Astounding and conflicting images from the city occupied my mind like I was walking through the by lanes again and reliving the experience. My being was thrilled with so much hope and possibility that I let out a smirk that became a smile. When I had come here no one knew where I was. No one in this new city even knew who I was! It was this very feeling that instead of loneliness made me feel free.

This freedom gave way to conversations, new interactions and a presence in the area I lived. Soon it all became familiar with waves and smiles as pleasantries were exchanged and conversations were borne. Friendly relations were created and maintained and nothing seemed new or odd anymore. For a while it was like if I was home. When I used to walk home back to Lalbagh, thinking of the day past it felt like we had conquered the world. However all good things must come to an end and another experience will await.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"It was this very feeling that instead of loneliness made me feel free". I love it.